Agency Operations Team Leader - Rotterdam
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world.
For more information: https://www.maersk.com
Your promise. Delivered.
This is an exciting career opportunity to work in a multinational company that makes global trade happen. You will be interacting daily with colleagues internationally, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment. We provide support for you to shape your own career by achieving expertise and learning on the job.
Being Agency Operations Team Leader you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment where you are surrounded by great colleagues, high energy and inspiring ideas.
• Monitors and reviews the effective performance of the administrative team and provides support in order to provide timely and effective administration-related office support services
• Act as a leader, leading the Admin and Agency operations team of 10 direct reports which are based in 5 different countries and support the Accounting Manager, which is based in Hamburg, for the following tasks:
• Coordinate and standardize the relationship with 3rd party service providers for facility management, reception & switchboard, scanning, travel expense and company car fleet management including feedback, clarifications and escalations
• Monitoring and negotiation of agency vendor contracts, i.e. insurance, office cleaning, food & canteen, reception services etc.
• Coordinate/standardize and improve administrative tasks which are handled by internal team members and 3rd party service provider:
• leased Company Cars
• Credit cards, bank guarantees and other bank admin tasks
• IT support – only in locations where there is no IT presence
• TEM (travel expense) Management
• Time registration system
Control & Compliance - ensure all controls locally are performed and completed
• Corporate and legal secretariat for specific country requirements (safeguards corporate documents, arranging signatures)
• Ensure that local documentary requirements are satisfied (board minutes, shareholders authorization, etc.)
• Maintaining the bank administration for all banks, keeping the number of available approvers per country up to standard
• Acting as the contact for the Banks, approval of manual payments
• Coordination of Chamber of Commerce and other local required registrations
• Experience in Administration and Facility Management – ideally 3-4 years
• Experience In People Management – ideally 2-3 years
• Remote Team Management experience is preferred
• Change Management and Conflict resolution skills
• Knowledge of risk management with the ability to identify activities
• Hands-on and pragmatic approach
• Ensure reliable and efficient performance
• Independent worker who take initiatives
• Ensure standardization and best practice
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent in Dutch and English
What we offer:
A career at MAERSK means working in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment. You'll be part of a rich heritage and a youthful and exuberant logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. We believe that a successful career includes a variety of experiences that stretch you, take you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to grow in ways that also build your business.
We offer you:
• Being a leader of a professional and motivated team, which is based in 5 different countries
• The opportunity to develop both, personally, and professionally.
• On leadership and mentoring, Maersk has a nurturing management culture. You'll be given the opportunity to prove yourself and develop your abilities
• A good work/life balance
• Competitive annual wages and 29 days of annual leave
• Special leaves without loss of salary
• Collective Health Insurance
• Pension plan
• Long service awards
• Transportation allowance (Public Transport Card)
• Pool bikes (available for example during lunch break)
• Possibility to use a pool car for business related purposes.
• Continuous professional and personal development
• Education Assistance (trainings and courses)
• Discount in Fitness Centres
• Discount in our canteen
• Fresh fruits every day in the office
• Great atmosphere and working with best professionals.
StepStone wants to be the job market of choice for customer and candidates